Friday, July 4, 2008

Next Few Pieces...Welcome Plaques...

I started the next few projects by making these Welcome plaques...the two top most are using design transfers..so it turns out better. But this is before I learn how to do the writings..still not good at it but already with some ideas for the next time.



This is my first plaque...so eager to see how it turns out. I guess this is my actually 3rd..painted piece...Hannah love the flowers but not the writings..Azlan likes thewriting but too much flowers he said...so I got an idea for next of somewhere in between. Again this is free hand...


This is also free hand but the writing using a template. Everybody hates how the words turns out but like the yellow roses.


All the pieces is using wood...I had a difficult time smoothing it as I try sanding before painting and it was a mess. The wood is quuite cheap though if compared to Walnut Hollow...but it gets easier to smoothen if I applied a thin wash of colr first and use a medium sand paper once it dries to make it smoother. But I still leave it rough as I like it that way...all the pieces were just for me to learn something new and see how the skill improves...I haven't sold anything except for the golf iron commission..maybe if I am happy how things turn out than I can start with joining the local crafts sale in December...

No comments: