Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
My heartful thanks to all those that purchases books from me.. Sorry for all the delays..but I hope you will enjoy going thru'the books..try out the projects an dpick up new skills... Due to postage costs..I will not be able to supply from Saudi but once in Malaysia this is possible. So..if any one is interested in any particular book..let me know..I will try to get the best prices for it..insyaállah... And comes next July&Aug 2011..I will be able to again offer books for sale.
I am leaving for UK soon for about 2 weeks..sending off my 2nd son who will be studying at Bournemouth exploring his creative inclination. Pray for me that its' gonna be a fruitful adventure especially for him..as for me..I am going to enjoy the beaches & gardens...
Monday, June 28, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Beautiful book by Ros Singleton. You would want to have one in your keeping.
With 19 unique painted designs for chairs, benches, shelves, and even pillows..easy to follow instructions with patterns. Basic techniques for painting are shown for learning. Good reference to have for beginners and up.
For more information on the books...You can check it out from Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble
Monday, May 10, 2010
ABAYA WITH FRONT CLOSURE SNAPS.
- Embroidered at Sleeve Edge with Satin Lining
- Material : Made or Shiny Satin
- Ready Made available with various colors but similar designs.
- Custom made : Min 3 weeks
- Cost : RM255 w/o Sheila w/o Postage
3. ABY - EmSS - Stn 1
Embroidered at sleeve and front bottom with stones embelishments..
- Material : Satiny
- Cost : RM285 w/o Sheila w/o postage
- Custom Made : min. 3 weeks
4. ABY-EmSFB-Stn 2
AVAILABLE !!! Size 27&1/2
- Embroidery on sleeve, front panels & Collar, back.
- Material : Satiny
- Cost : RM265 w/o sheila and w/o postage
- Embroidered on Sleeve - Black Thread - Half
- Satin Lining under Embroidery - Multiple Colors Available - Shown - Dark Purple.
- Wide Sleeve Design ~Kimono - Design change acceptable
- Material : Salona
- Cost : RM355 w/o postage w/o Shaila-Rectangular Scarf
- Available : July 2010. Custom made orders - 3wks min.
- Ready Stock : Coming soon
- Embroidered at Sleeve Edges Only...Designs can come in many forms and colors.
- Wide Sleeve Design - Kimono
- Material : Matte
- Cost : RM335 with Rect. Scarf with Embroidery at 2 ends. W/o postage.
- Available : July 2010. Custom made orders :3wks min.
- Ready Stock : Coming Soon.
- Materials type & Embroidery Designs & Embelishments & Lining material will go towards the cost of each abaya...
- Designs may vary slightly in certain cases..for custom orders.
- Order to be made either with Rectangular Scarves or without ( price less if without).
- No Postage will be charged if delivery made in July 2010..
- Ready made designs can also be used as custom orders with modifications to thread colors etc...**Samples will be put up soon...
- Deposit is required for orders & full payment upon delivery.
- Costs will be informed via email upon confirmation of tailoring charges.
- Sizes are required...**Reference will be put up soon.
Kindly email me any request or questions to email@example.com
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Friday, April 30, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Aris...I am using your words for the paragraph below...tq..
In the spirit of friendship and interest..I would like to pass on this award on to few other bloggers that I also have keen interest in their work..especially their development and variations..
As a rule to receiving this award, I am required to forward this award to 12 more recipients, really to form a chain. The next recipients will then need to do the same and follow the rules set forth,
1. Nominate 12 bloggers.
2. Put the logo onto your sidebar or within a post.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they’ve received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link the sidebar logo to the person from whom you’ve received this award
In furtherance / keeping to this, I'll like to pass on this award to these next recipients (in not any order of importance).
- Affeen Crafts http://affeen.blogspot.com/
- Marsya http://englishdecomaniac.blogspot.com/
- Nora http://norastouch.blogspot.com/
- Jen http://jennifergatkinson.blogspot.com/
- Ruby..A.Dhabi http://rubycraftyfingers.blogspot.com/
- Amy http://explorethefinest.blogspot.com/
- Annie http://hanidvila.blogspot.com/
- Annor http://annorscottage.blogspot.com/
- Zahirah http://zahirahdecorativecraftdelights.blogspot.com/
- Lakhsmi http://countryarts.blogspot.com/
- Jun http://farsweethome.blogspot.com/
- Pat http://frivoloussrocks.blogspot.com/
- Liza http://jija-craft.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
This is a very old mug that I had from 1988..It had a Blaupunkt logo on it from when I was working with Bosch Penang in 1987~1991... The spoon rest is what I have around the house. Just tried to put some colors on it... The strokes are still a bit off using the enamel paint..this is with flow medium..it is smoother to handle.. CAUTION : Paint should not be in contact with food or mouth...
I did this today..basically it's the 2nd piece that I did using enamel paints... Starting out was fairly smooth in doing the leaves..but as I progress with the flowers.. I feel the brush started to drag. It was advise not to use water with enamel paints but to use the clear medium or flow medium...still I feel its heavy. Anyway.. it was good practise...
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
This is sort of what I wanted..after considering how to place the petals etc..choosing the colors.....
Now.. I am trying to select the colors of my roses... What colors to use most of the time... I always forgot to write down the colors used.. Only after finishing up and cleaning the work space.. I remember that I did not write the colors down... Therefore..the shades are always different... Only from this latest piece that I did write the colors down...Mint Green for base... Dark Salmon & Warm White for the roses...Old Ivy & Forest Green for the leaves.... This week has nothing new for me...coz'the kids are winding up the 2nd. semesters and lots of projects.. exams and shows to go too. Plus..I have committed for my own word-to-word Quran test...and I hope it works well...umm..I hope I will pass it...
Monday, March 8, 2010
These 3 items..are just some of the things I used to practise. The two round covers..I am planning for a stove top cover.. The black mirror is actually IKEA's.. I used enamel paints on it so..I do not have to use a medium to make the paint sticks to the surface. The mirror is sort of varnished with sticky surface...If using normal acrylic paints..I would have to sand the surface to remove the varnish.. But using enamel paints was really a challenge as compared to acrylic bcos it dries up very fast and the brushes clogged up with paint. Eventualy..I managed to get it done reasonably well to what I want...
Friday, February 19, 2010
Here's a couple of roses that we can try to paint step by step. If observe closely..what differs will just be the stroke applied and petals positions and quantity. As a beginner... starts with the least numper of petals...learn the stroke ( how to make the stroke right)...its position and also if the colors look right to what you want....
Another easier try outs are these roses by Priscilla Hauser. Altough the full rose requires more know how but with these two worksheets found in her book we can easily start with something.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
1. Learn the painting terms so that you can easily follow the instructions...Next..after learning how to load the brush....knowing how your brush will look like wet..drying up..enough colors or not enough colors..well blended or half here to there... proceed to...
excerpts : Priscilla Hauser
3. Experiment more on the strokes....do a wriggle stroke or an upturned/overturned stroke...
excerpts : Priscilla Hauser
4. More or less satisfied now...sketch a shape of rose..somesay...sketch a cup & saucer type... or just two circles type... For me..I look at where and how many are the required strokes..how to position them...An image of the steps will be good. Choose the type of rose that you would like to paint...Choose the colors that go with it...Standardized the methods..with background..without background base....What type of brush you gonna use...flat brush or angular bruses... Refer to the many artiste..the ones I know were..Priscilla Hauser..Donna Dewberry..Gretchen Cagle.. Ros Singleton..Ros Stallcup...Jan Fox...Ginger Edwards and locals to Malaysia..Aniza..Zaitun..Nora and Zahir.... Laksmi..Jen... ZuG...to name a few.. These are known teachers.... Love how their work looks like....Am still taking/planning to take lessons from them...
5. Set a time..when you can have the peace or comforts to do it....But finished your strokes first before you embarked on actualy start to paint the rose..Colors choices are important to me too... so that you would love the outcome.. I started mine with a shocking pink and white..urghh.. I don't like its brightness and the jarring mistakes I was doing.... You need to give yourself time.. encouragement and also to analyze your progress.. Doesn't matter if somebody says..oohhh..it's easy..it's easy once you get to know how to do it but..as long as you are still doing them..no matter how bad or how good..give yourself a pat...come a time...suddenly will say..I like your work and the hardtimes suddely left you... But do not savor this too much coz'if you dont practise it will get rusty..coz' remember! This is a learned skill not a natural ability...therefore the ease will only come with practise..emmm..I don't think you can even say that you can do it wit your eyes closed..ha..ha.... Anyway..come a time you will be happy with your work but..if you do not start yourself right..you gonna get stuck with the bad habits I so called it..and these are more difficult to rectify...but it's still possible by blanking your mind out and restart all over again..... So.. I will put up some sampels in a while but I have just got to get the writing out of the way.. Happy trying....