Friday, July 4, 2008

The KIKA Step Stool...

While the previous entry pics were old records....this is new attempts after getting the book from Nora. These two pieces were requested by Zahrah & Linda....they said doesn't matter how long I will take and not too beautiful because they want to step on it...He..he....

This is the raw piece....


This I have applied with sealer....transparent...

This I have just base coat the top with Plaid - Forest Green. The other sides was painted with Lemonade but all were just 1x application...waiting to be sand papered..



The wood is raw with some oozing of rubber like goo or something..I read in the DP books that I have to apply something called tannin to stop the ooze...I don't have it...what I have is some sealer and gesso. So..again...since the wood has just too much of burrs..I wash it again with thin paint....dried and sand it for the Green piece..as for the Maroon piece..I straight away apply Gesso....Still haven't completed pass the basecoating stage..am still thinking what next...

This piece is with white Gesso applied 2x and sand papered in between...I feel this is easier to handle as compared to the above when I want to basecoat them and sand papered...


The top is basecoated 2x with Plaid - maroon and the other sides with Raw Sienna...the bottom rod will be painted with maroon or something lighter...This piece looks and feel smoother than the other piece even before sand papering..


Next..I will ahve to decide on a design..but will use transfers so that it become more uniform since it is for others. Also to decide what kind of roses its going to be..I am still practising the strokes with knowing how to have enough water in the brush so that paint is smooth...I just have no feeling or idea how this is..probably more practise on paper...

No comments: