Friday, December 18, 2009

Brushes For Decorative Painting... Daler-Rowney, Plaid, Langnickel, Loew-Cornell..



These are the brushes that I am currently using whenever I am painting.. I find that the brushes perform differently...within same type and brand and to different type and brand. Some have been used more by way of feeling that the results are better.
I got the Daler Rowney from Art Friend at The Gardens - MidValley. While Loew-Cornell from Craft Haven and also a painter who has a stall at Subang Parade every Sat and Sunday.. oops.. sorry..I forgot your name..
Plaid & Langnickel brushes I bought it from Zamil & Jarir in Al-Khobar..
I find that the holding of the Daler-Rowny brushes is more at ease for my hands and my way of cleaning the brushes seems the hairs holds better to a sharp point as compared to the other ones...I feel that due to the hairs are softer..I can shape my roses better..this is only what I feel....I do have favorite from the other types. For now..I am painting my roses using the Daler Rowney...Daisies using the Loew Cornell...while the rest will come in as and when needed.
I use separate brushes for base-coating, varnishes and rough surfaces.... as the experts has advised us to do......
Now..I am still in the adventure of figuring out further..brushes & strokes, brushes&cleaning, brushes&types..and of course life & costs...

No comments: